Thursday, January 18, 2007

This Week Is Gone!

I cannot believe that the week is over already. I accomplished very little in the way of art but overall it was a pretty good week with some bumps along the way. I think school is back to normal. I thought it was today but the bus never came and there was no report on the news of alternate routes so I gave the boys a ride and we ended up behind their very empty bus. The roads were fine so I don't know why they would have been on alternate routes......oh well. The weather should be back up into the 50's. I never thought I would be thrilled to have it warm up to 50. 70 degrees is more up my alley.

The kids all had dental appts. with a new dentist today. Connor did great and they did the floride & x-rays. The dental assistant said that very rarely are they able to do it on 4 year olds. Usually they have to wait until they're 5 or 6. He was quite the trooper. I think having all the older siblings helps a lot, plus his sister sat in there with him the whole time. This is the girl who hates kids but takes him with her to work to pick up her tips and show off her brother........go figure.

Today I actually did make 3 beads but just couldn't get into the groove because I knew I would have to leave. I don't think I've ever had a whole day of bead making.....WOW, I can't even imagine.....I wonder if I could keep my attention on it the whole time. Well, I don't think I'll be finding out anytime soon.

I've been experimenting with polymer at night. Some things I like and others don't work so well. I haven't done anything worth selling lately. My two favorite artists are CF Originals http://www.cforiginals.net/ & CA Therien http://www.catherienarts.com/. Both are very different. Check out the links to each site when you have some time. The second one does demos that I have mentioned before on Fridays with a webcam.

With any luck maybe I'll have something to show ya this weekend.

Lastly, I'm getting ready to write up a submission for one of the beading magazines. It's something I've been wanting to do for a couple of years & I figure I've chickened out long enough. It's time to bite the bullet and "Go For It!". I'll keep you posted on the outcome & if you can look for any of my articles in up coming issues of the more popular magazines.

That's it for today!

No comments: