Saturday, January 13, 2007

More Snow??

They are saying flurries in the forcast today. We are heading out to a party for my Mom this afternoon & my daughter is heading to a debate practice. If it snows my daughter will be grounded because our van is useless in the snow & the roads are already so cold that the snow will stick immediately.

This weather is for the polar bears. Firewood isn't an issue at the moment because we want to make sure the the house stays warm enough so that none of the above ground pipes freeze and if we light a fire the back parts of the house don't get very warm.

It's a 3 day weekend for the kids (like they need another day off) with MLK day on Monday. Some of the school districts around here are talking about skipping (exempting) some of the make-up days because it was a "State of Emergency" and one of the school disticts farther North has about 26 days to make up. We only have 6 so far so I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Ok....I'm rambling today so I'm going to give it a rest. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to share tomorrow.

Adios!

No comments: