Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The 4th




The 4th of July is not one of my favorite holidays. We usually get a small amount of fireworks and let the kids light them (carefully) after it gets dark. The boys can hardly wait!


I forgot to mention that I didn't make the cut on the Bead Dreams entries this year. The people who did are absolutely fantastic. No worries, I'll give it another shot next year. One day my name will appear as a Bead Dreams finalist!!


The weather went from stormy to hot. That's making it more difficult to lampwork these days. I'm going to have to start dragging my butt out of bed earlies so I can do it in the cool of the morning. I tried to make a couple of focals today but had a screaming headache. However there was a visitor outside the window. I took a picture but you really can't see the little guy (hummingbird). It kept purching on this outdoor light I made a few years back out of chicken wire, crappy beads & a babyfood jar. You can kind of make him out in the blur of he photo.
I also added a photo of an elephant (aromatherapy vessel) that I've been working on & a cabachon. For all of you wire wrappers out there. I haven't decided if I'll post the elephant of not but the cab will be going up eventually. Do you see the heart in the middle?
I'm off to enjoy a glass of Sangria & make a salad for dinner.
Enjoy your evening & stay cool!

No comments: