Friday, June 29, 2007

Stormy Weather.......

It's a stormy day today. Yesterday felt like a Friday so today has a strange feel to it. I took the kids down to my Mom's to swim & help with some weeding. They did a good job for the hour that they were working and then the swim was pretty quick. It's still a little chilly in the pool yet. I don't do the cold swim thing anymore these days...brrrrrrr! Water temperature certainly didn't seem to be as a big a deal when I was younger.

We started a game of Sponge Bob Monopoly today. It's an on going game, usually lasts 2 to 3 days, since we play in spurts.

Have I mentioned that my daughter made shift supervisor at work? I'm so proud of her!! She still has a lot of school stuff to do but she seems to be up for the work, now. We'll see how she does.

I have some more beads waiting to be cleaned and also have been playing around with slumping glass into cabachons. I'm pretty pleased with the results but don't have any ready to post yet.

The weather people are saying the the 4th of July is supposed to be nice.......that's unusual for around here. It usually rains which can be good and bad when people are lighting explosives. We live in an area where they are still legal but at the rate the laws are changing & the housing developments are going up I don't expect it to last. Jim hates spending money on fireworks. He says you might as well just light the money on fire, but I always pick up a small assortment of "safe & sane" ones for the kids to have fun with.

I have some stuff I need to finish up.

Enjoy your Friday!!

No comments: