Thursday, September 04, 2008

What A Week It's Been




The kids are back to school but still not quite in the swing of things. Dakota's eye is back to good and he has a follow up appointment tomorrow. Duncan is loving his new teacher, who happens to be a man, and is the first male teacher any of my kids have had in elementary school. Connor can hardly wait to get to kindergarten each day and is absolutely loving it! I met him at school on the first day and I have to admit that my heart made a little pang over seeing him finally there, but he was just fine with me leaving and has no problems with getting on the bus and heading off to school. This is a totally new adventure for him.

On a difficult note. Cocoa is REALLY sick and right now it's touch and go. I took her to the vet yesterday morning, first thing, after getting the older kids off to school. It looks like she's got a serious infection and they have her on a powerful (and expensive) antibiotic. I didn't think she was going to make it through the night last night and my daughter was beside herself (the boys were asleep). This morning she was still breathing, much to my relief, and seemed a bit better this afternoon. I have to force feed her both yesterday and today and she seems to understand that we are trying to help her. I'm holding my breath tonight and hoping she will show more visible improvement tomorrow, after being on the medicine for a couple of days. At this point I'm exhausted but not giving up the battle. She is a wonderful dog and we are hoping and praying that she will pull out of it SOON.

I've done very little creating lately. Lampworking is out of the question at this point and I've been really busy with everything else that by the time evening comes along all I want to do is rest. My mind is barely functioning for wire work but I'm trying to create a little something every night.

This evening I'm working on getting a couple of things listed. I added some things from a couple of weeks ago to my Just Beads and am hoping to get a couple more goodies up on Ebay.......we'll see where I'm at when the kids are in bed.

In the meantime I'll post a couple pictures to give you an idea of what I was, and will be working on.

Enjoy your evening.

No comments: