Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Creations






I've got some new glass and jewelry up! Finally, things are starting to get back to somewhat of a routine :) I'm trying to squeeze some lampwork in, about 4 days a week, even if I only play around with making a couple of beads. I've been making a lot of viking knit chains to incorporate into some of my jewelry. It's a great thing to do (like regular knitting) when you have to wait on something (pictures loading for example).

Jimmy got our shop cleaned up so I'm going to start working on some wood ideas I have for jewelry. We may even collaborate on some things, who knows. He's going to set up an area in there just for me. I would move my lampwork down there but sawdust and flames DO NOT mix. So I'll stay put on that. Plus I enjoy the work space I have, though I need to de-clutter it too!

The weather is unseasonably warm right now, upper 70's, low 80's. It looks like it's supposed to start cooling down in the next couple of days. I've been enjoying it after our early Fall preview a couple of weeks ago and know this isn't going to last too long before we'll be forced to turn on the heater or light a fire. In the meantime it's nice!

Halloween is fast approaching and the kids are thrilled. I don't know why but I'm kind of looking forward to it myself and while we live in a rural area that doesn't get Trick-or-Treaters I'm thinking we'll be putting up some scary decorations just for the fun of it. Check out this cool site for scary paper crafts http://ravensblight.com/papertoys.html The kids will love it!!

No comments: