Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm not a snob......or am I??







A bitch, yes, but not a snob..........I don't really talk to the other people that do routes at the same time as me. I made a choice here. I go there to pick up my papers and get the job done! Not to socialize and smoke (I am an ex smoker, but it doesn't bother me that other people smoke), in the freezing cold. Plus, I'm just not talkative in the middle of the AM hours. Add to it, that there was really only one woman there that I liked. She disappeared last weekend and I heard the "chat group" saying this morning that her husband had died (bummer). Sounded like it was sudden since I didn't get the impression from her that he had been sick and she looks to be in her 40's like me. Anyway I chose not to go up and ask what had happened because, if she comes back, I would rather hear it from her than from the people passing around all of what's going on in everyone else's life, that they work with. Where this is going I'm not sure except that I have found that I just don't fit in with this group. It doesn't bother me at all. These are not people I would choose to socialize with outside of "work" so I choose not to socialize with them at work. Maybe I am a snob. However I'm getting what I need to get done, done and I think I'm doing a good job. I do know people who think it's important to fit in with any group. That they should mold their personality to fit each set of people that they meet and if they don't, they worry that those people "don't like them". I quit caring a long time ago about what other people think of me. I answer to "myself" and feel good about it. My companion, kids and family are the most important things in my life and I realize that I don't make them happy all of the time either. Bottom line I do what I need to, to be happy......everyone else.......well...........we are all supposed to be different, Right?!

Speaking of different......I've made some more Goddess rings. I have a fascination with "pixie dust" right now and am chomping at the bit to get my hands on some enamels, but that's going to have to wait for the moment. I'm slowly adding a shell or two to a growing collection. What I'm going to do with those.....well I haven't quite decided yet. I'm going to be revamping my collection on Etsy within the next couple of weeks. It's all a work in progress.

The green fertility Goddess at the top turned out cool, but unfortunately has a "starburst" of cracks around the cz in her belly button. So she gets to stay with me. The polymer set is one that I did quite awhile a go. The rings are pixie dust Goddess's and one acceptable fertility Goddess (Merlot creme). All of these (except the cracked Goddess) will be up on JustBeads before the end of the day.

That's all I have for now.
Enjoy your day today!

No comments: