Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cleaning Beads & Photographing

Today will be devoted to both of those......yeah! I got to spend a few hours on both Sunday & Monday melting glass. I always forget what fun it is to do this when I spend sooo much time away. I think that I may have to make up a schedule to keep me on track, somewhat. I love variety so I'm thinking that I will devote certain days of the week to certain "things". Hmmmm, will have to work on that thought some more. In the meantime, today will be for cleaning and photographing, just because I need to get it done and it one of those tedious things that "needs" to be done in order to move on to the fun stuff!

Interesting, I have been following some other blogs, plus what I read in the newspaper (I stay away from the news on television), which is only because I deliver it everyday, and I've noticed the word "Fear" coming up a lot. This, of course has to do with the state of the economy. A lot of artist's are being "forced" into finding supplemental jobs because of this "fear". My reason for my job was not, so much because of the economy (or so I thought) but just because I'm sick and tired of worrying every month about whether or not we can make ends meet. So I figured that if I could find something that wouldn't interfere (too much), with the kids and my routine that it would be nice to finally be able to work to play "catch up" instead of robbing Peter to pay Paul every month. Plus with Christmas just around the corner, that added to the motivation. I do think that all the "Fear" that is being reported by the media is creating a domino effect. If the media focused on the good instead of the bad more. I think that people, in general would be in a better state of mind and that the economy would feel the effects of that instead. Has anyone noticed the price of gas lately?? It's almost under $2 a gallon here, YEAH!! Or how about that you really DON'T need a lot of money to have a WONDERFUL Christmas. We have had a couple of years being "dirt" poor, through the holidays and you know what?? The kids still had a great Christmas!

This year we are planning on making ornaments for the tree. Everyone in the house can contribute and you can make them out of just about anything. The kids love the idea! We've decided that we (in general) are just going to try to focus on being more positive!! I think I'm going to have to quit reading the newspaper. So for today, try to think of the good things instead of the bad. This economy is NOT going to last forever! It's going to upswing SOON!

Ok, off my soapbox for today. Check back tomorrow for new goodies!

No comments: