Sunday, May 03, 2009

Blooming Tea & Dandelion Wine

Blooming Tea doesn't look all that good or pretty to begin with.....
It's actually prettier than this picture looks and very yummy too!!!
Dandelions picked for the wine experiment. Ready to be rinsed!
Cooking them down.....
Bottled up and ready to ferment!


Honestly, I don't really have high hopes but who knows. You can see that it's not clear so I don't know if that's good or bad. My kitchen smelled like yeast all day yesterday and I finally had to light incense to get rid of the smell. It did fizz when I stirred it up before the final jarring so I take that as a good sign, but we'll see what happens in a month or two.

I did some lampworking Friday but only got through about a half dozen items before my oxygen generator just stopped working : ( I'm looking it over, cleaning filters and the like to see if I can get it up and running again. If not I'll have to track down a company that services them and see what they can do. I don't really want to ship it back to the one I got it from but if I have to I will. I'm sure it just needs a general "servicing" to get it back to good.

Last night it stormed like crazy, wind, rain, the whole nine yards. Today is turning into a beautiful day. The kids are really gearing up for Summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't end up closing the schools for a week due to swine flu. I don't know if that kind of thing extends the school year or, not but to be honest I think the whole thing is being over blown. The press is doing a wonderful job of spreading the paranoia.......get on with your lives people, it's just another flu!

Anyway, I'm still working with fiber but am going to drag my clay back out to and work on some.............well I'll let that be a surprise. "I think" the idea is a cool one but I have to see if it works first (kind of like wine), I should have something to show you next week.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments: