Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIP's and Future Ideas.....

I didn't expect to be posting this late in the week, but at least I'm finally doing it.

Last weekend was filled with fishing, crochet and a bit of tatting. The fishing part wasn't too bad, my 13 yo brought home a nice looking Humpy, which made a wonderful dinner!

Next, I've been working on a vintage doily pattern from Elizabeth Hiddleson. This was a find at a garage sale. I bought a box of crochet/tatting magazine that had a few loose patterns that someone had pulled from some older magazines. Want to guess what I paid for this box of treasures?...........25 cents. Can you believe it! Anyway the pattern is called "Yellow Rose Doily". However, I did the roses in red. I'm thinking that the finished doily might make a great starting point for the back of a vest....hmmm.



Next, I've also been re-learning to tat. Now this has shown me that I have a long ways to go with becoming proficient at this. I quickly made up a mini bookmark (see above) for practice, and then started on a bigger collar/necklace project (see below) and screwed up right away. It's hard to see, but I actually have too many picots on all but the first ring. Oh well, I will continue with it since I need the practice, and until the thread runs out. I definitely need to pay closer attention to the directions. Have I mentioned that I'm a needle tatter, but am going to learn to do it with shuttles also.  For me, I think it will give me a better understanding of how the threads work, overall, which would be a good thing for me in, maybe, designing my own lace.







So this is how things are going for this week.

Have a Happy Hump Day!

No comments: