Monday, September 05, 2011

School Prep & Fishing

So the last couple of weeks got extra busy, and I don't mean craft wise. Between school shopping and fishing there was barely time to breath, but it was a good kind of deprivation : )  We also added one last impromptu camping trip. I'm looking forward to the kids getting back to school so I can breath a bit, lol!

The camping trip was a lot of fun, and if you pay attention to my blog I'm pretty sure you know that I am NOT a fan of camping, however if the right people are there, and I'm not sleeping in a tent, I don't mind so much. My hubby's cousin recommended the spot (and we met them there), it was a great area, not too far from home.

 The boys sleeping arrangements.

 Don't they look like they're having fun? This was down time after setting up : )

Next we spent a ton of time out fishing with my 13 yo. This was one of his catches! A nice 10 lb Salmon. We actually ended up limiting out on that day. Didn't have another day like that though, darn it!
 
And last, but not least, we spent the day at a BBQ with friends where I was wearing some of my hand made rings. They were a hit, which was really nice. The bottom one with the pink stones in not my design, the tutorial can be found here Opposites Attract Ring. Makes me want to start making rings again....but in the meantime....

On the creative side, I have been tatting. I didn't think about snapping pictures of it though, but if you want an idea of what I've been working on, and it's really just a way for me to practice, go to this site Totus Mel. I've been practicing two of her designs the chain maille and a scarf. If you are just learning to needle tat, this is an excellent site to visit. If you're looking to buy some fantastic needle tatted items this is her Etsy shop.

This should be enough to keep you busy until my next post!

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

No comments: