Sunday, March 08, 2009

Did You Spring Forward?

Most people have remembered by now, but it's one of those things that's easy to forget until you wake up on Monday and find you're an hour late for work or school. Luckily the boys are out tomorrow for a teacher in-service day.

It has been a lazy day in general today. I picked up the last of a small birthday celebration for the boys yesterday and set up my Dollar Tree mini tripod for my camera (took 10 sec to screw it in). I've set up a new spot for photos right next to my computer but I had to put a few things there to keep the cat from lying in it when I'm not around.

The snow is pretty much gone. I'm hoping this is the end of it until next Winter. I don't have a problem with the snow in particular but I do not like being cold. I'm ready for a bit of a warm up and we have decided that we need to stock up on at least a couple of cords of wood, maybe 3 to get us through (next year). It's a hell of a lot cheaper than electric!

I've always had a bit of a yearning to live in California. The other half of my gene pool (father's side) is down there and I was born there, although I was too young to remember when my Mom moved back up here. The weather has a major appeal, plus family, not that I don't adore my family here, but most of Cali does not get the extreme weather we get here. Plus, I always liked the idea of having palms, lemons and hibiscus growing in the yard year around and not seasonal.

A long time ago, about 10 years or so, I used to do a lot of gardening. When I got divorced that went by the wayside because I put so much energy into the kids, and having a garden is like having children only you do it (in Washington) for a few months of the year. Over the last couple of years I've slowly started to feel the need to re-connect with the earth again. I have always seen, and felt a certain joy, and work too (does that sound like raising kids?) in having a garden. Year around would be wonderful.

Don't get me wrong. I do love it here and the change of seasons are wonderful but sometimes you just feel your roots calling you.

No worries. We are not going anywhere..........at least not in the near future.

No comments: