Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Starbucks

WOOO HOOOO!!! My daughter got a job at Starbucks! I cannot tell you how happy I am. I have been nagging her for the last year and a half (since she turned 16) to get to work. I think it's important for kids to experience the work world along with going to school and it's excellent that she got on at Starbucks because they have an excellent reputation when it comes to kids working and school. It has been a battle with her for the last year and I think she's finally going to pull things out. She will be a senior and she has credits that she's going to need to make up in order to graduate. I'm bummed about that but I'm hoping she's getting a grip on what she is going to need to do to make it in the world. Her classes next year are mostly honor classes and she's really going to need to bust her butt. She's also talking about going to college. Most likely somewhere local so she can live at home, work & go to school. I have very few complaints about her & last year was a bummer because she found her passion in debate but blew off the rest of her classes for it. I'm hoping she can find a balance this year because she's very smart and on the verge of adulthood.

I'm back to the torch tomorrow. It's finally cooling down enough to make it bearable. I finished a crocheted hat yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I will get a picture up soon. I now have to learn how to post pictures on this site. It can't be all that hard so hopefully in the next few days. I'm also working on some crocheted sandals. I love the idea, so we'll see how they turn out. I'm finally back to creative mode. It felt like everything was on hold while I decompressed after the camping trip. I will be taking the little guys to the ocean for a week at the end of August but my daughter and honey both have to work. I should be fun anyway & I always tend to drop a few pounds from walking on the beach which is a total bonus. Deep down inside I'm an ocean person. I absolutely love it!! Did I mention that I collect dolphins? Do you see the connection there?

I have a couple of things in the works so I'm excited to be updating on a more regular basis. Thanks for sticking with me.

Take care & enjoy your evening!

No comments: