Saturday, July 22, 2006

Hot!

I love how easy it is to log in here! I hope to be posting a lot more. Today I'm taking the kids down to my parents for swimming. If you haven't heard, this part of the country is having a heat wave right now. Yesterday we were in the mid 90's and today we will be in the low 90's, so I figure it can't hurt to spend a day at the pool. Besides it gives me a good reason to crochet. I'm working on a hat (cowgirl) and will (hopefully) be whipping up a pair of summer sandals. Yes, I'll post pictures when I'm done. I've already (almost) finished a hat. The hat part is done, but now it needs to be felted. When my 3 year old puts it on it hangs down past his chest. This will be the first time I've wet felted anything & it should be easy since I'm doing it in the washing machine. It was crocheted first in a cream color wool blend yarn that has a boulce texture.

I might pack some beading too. Just some quick spiral stitch that I've been working on. It's a cool color combo of teal and purple. I'm thinking I have to translate that into glass. I haven't had any time at the torch since the weather heated up. Today it dawned at 80 degrees in the house. The temp is supposed to start dipping again after the weekend so I should be back at it then. The temp even makes it harder to work with polymer since it softens it up a little too much.

I have to add another tea flavor to my rants. I know in my other blog I was filling you in on tea that I love. Well I found one at the local Freddy's. The flavor is Raspberry Earl Gray. It's made by Zhena's Gypsy Tea & boy is it good!!! I could drink it all day! Here's their website link www.gypsytea.com. YUMMY!

I'm outta here for the day & I should be posting more with the ease of signing in. Thanks Blogger!

Enjoy your Saturday! :)

No comments: