Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Washcloth




I'm teaching myself new knitting stitches. It's really fun and while I'm forever a crochet lover. I really enjoy the challenge of learning something new. Socks next, right......maybe......

The last day of school is tomorrow. I've spent more time at the school in the last couple of weeks than I have all year. I was a lot of fun! I even shed a few tears during my son's 6th grade recognition. New year he'll be in middle school and he's really looking forward to it. I can't believe how quickly this year went! Here is a picture of the plaques I helped them work on for the school carnival. I really got to know a few of the students in the class. It was a bit of an eye opening experience for me. I'm learning that I can "teach" and that it really is a lot of fun, even when you're not sure about what you're doing.

On a totally different note. I fell down the front steps a few days ago. I ended up with a scraped face, knee, hands and ankle. All in all it could have been much worse. Funny, my youngest saw me fall and in his words "Mom, you tripped over nothing!". This is true, my feet just seemed to tangle on their own and down the steps I went. I'm sure it didn't help that I have been thinking about falling down those steps for a long time. Don't ask me why, it was just one of those random thoughts every time I went down them. Guess what! That thought is gone now. Really weird.
Do you like African Violets? I have this window that has brought out the best in some "rescued" plants. You know, the ones they sell for .50 because they have one leaf left. Look at these babies blooming away. Too Cool!

No comments: