Saturday, August 01, 2009

Re-Arranging My Desk

It's hindering everything else I need to do so it was finally time to bite the bullet and get it done. I know I've posted a couple of times over the last year that I was cleaning my desk. This time I have a specific "idea" in mind. I want to make it more productive space for when the boys are back in school and I need to get things done more effectively. Do you think I can do it? At the same time I'm trying to get my brain in order to function more effectively too. That's harder than the desk, aack!!! So I'm organizing my desk while I try to "train my brain".

On a totally different note.......Jimmy is building me a spinning wheel. I posted about it in my CrochetChar blog but decided I need to make note of it here too. It's too cool and almost finished! Do I know how to use a spinning wheel......no.......but I'm going to be learning.

This is a bit of the progress from the book to the almost finished product......I can hardly wait!!




This is a basic "mock up" of the instructions from the book. Learning the process and taking what he can from the directions. Keep in mind that Jimmy is a skilled wood worker. I was going to work with him on it the first time around but we decided that it would be best if he worked through it once on his own, since he had to figure out the dynamics of it first. I need to get another picture of it now that he's to the point of making bobbins, unfortunately he injured himself yesterday working on it. I wasn't in the shop at the time but something about "bouncing" a piece of wood off his hip and that he can barely walk this morning makes me want to post "Be Careful!" signs around the shop. Now I will have to wait a little longer to try it out....Darn!!!

No comments: